What So Not, as we know it, is over. Flume posted a message to Facebook late Friday night confirming that he’s leaving the duo, signing the message under his birth name with affection.
Flume’s chill style never seemed to really fit with the duo’s monster bass anthems, but that was always the case. No matter the reason, it’s always sad to see the break up of a creative team with this much influence (though it’s still unclear whether or not Emoh will continue to carry the moniker).
Perhaps not so coincidentally, Flume’s latest post on Soundcloud is a remix to Arcade Fire’s “Afterlife” in which the band asks “after all this time, it’s like nothing else we used to know… I’ve gotta know, can we work it out? If we scream and shout? ‘Till we work it out?”
You Also Might Like
- DOUBLE PREMIERE: Swerve Squad Shaking Up EDM
- Flume Leaves What So Not
- Jack U ‘Remixed’ By Missy Elliott
- 5 Steps To Signing A $500,000 Contract Without Talent
- Josh Pan Is 20 People (According To Josh Pan)
- deadmau5 Rumor Feels Joel’s Wrath
- New Skrillex Collabo Goes Wild
- Fresh Selection: Autolaser – 88
- Record-breaking Subwoofer Debuting With Erick Morillo